Saturday, March 13, 2004

4:30 am...committee is finally done. Probably one of the toughest, most grueling, and emotional experience I've gone through in a long time. I actually broke down at the end of the meeting tonight; part of it was cause I've slept only 6 hours since Tuesday, honestly. I broke down to tears during committee, and I thought that after the final discussion, after it was all completed, I'd be fine. But as I walked back to my room, I continued to weep. I almost felt like lying in the slowly growing mounds of snow. It was so intense and then I come back to my room to find other things that remind me of my limitations and maybe my character flaws. Why people do certain things and say certain things, I will never know, but I seriously started bawling in my room. I was almost afraid I was going to wake up my frosh. Man, I really need to sleep and take some time to reflect on this experience and tonight. I'm in a hard place right now.

On another note, this is for someone specific, cause I know you read this:

You can keep yourself only so far away from people. The closeness can be painful, but its necessary. The good, the bad, they are all there, but I promise, the good stuff is worth the pain that may come along with it. And as much as we'd like to define ourselves as complete individuals, we cannot forget the people around us who also contribute to making us so beautiful.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home